Friday, June 15, 2007

Week 2 #2: Response!

This week, Ruth's post really caught my attention, but I disagree when she said "...the word 'hero' & the image of a strong, handsome man usually in a cape/uniform comes to mind..." Because when I heard the word hero, 'Hiro Nakamura' will comes straight to mind' well, he's short and chubby, but His naive and over-eager characteristic really impressed me haha... ok, that's a bit lame.. =p

Joking aside, I really like about Ruth's post because she talked about her own family member, her father. How many young people will admit that they admire their parents? Talking from experience, not many. My mum's friends often praise me when they see me attend mass with my mum and my little sister, because they said that their children refuse to go to Church together as a family. So when they see a family attend mass together is extraordinary. Well, it is a sad fact, because it's supposed to be normal for a family go to Church together. I firmly believe that "Family who prays together, stays together."

Blessed Teresa of Calcutta said that "Love Starts at home and lasts at home. The home is each person's first field of loving, devotion and service... Love begins in the family. Peace begins in the family. Where there is love, there is unity, peace and joy." From Ruth's writing, I feel that her father is an example of a person who fulfil his vocation so faithfully as a Christian father.

Besides that, He represents a wonderful image of God the Father. Ruth said that "...dont have to save lives to be a hero..." but her father actually 'saves' the family all along. By doing his duty as a father, he saves his family when "He's always the first one to walk out...But somehow he's also always the first to come back with open arms & all ready to forgive." His selflessness and forgiveness brings peace, love, joy and unity to the family.

Lastly, I just want to remind everyone that "It is easy to love people far away. It is easier to give a cup of rice than to relieve the loneliness and pain of someone unloved in your own home." ~Blessed Teresa of Calcutta

Let's spread Christ's peace and love in our own family! =D

1 comment:

Ruth said...

Thanks mann, that was really nice of you t write. (:

-Ruth